Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 29: National More Herbs and Less Salt Day

Wow, my favorite day of the year. Not! Anybody who knows me understands my penchant for all things salt. It really doesn't matter if it is in rock form, iodized, kosher or soy sauce, I love it. However, the day (and my doctor actually) called for consuming less of it. And, I'll have you know, I did not add any salt to anything I ate. Despite the yawn quality of this National Day, two things brightened it up.

First, Middle Lady misheard what I said when she asked what the holiday was for the day. Instead of "more herb and less salt" she thought I said "more urban assault" day. She thought the day was going to be really fun for a minute, especially considering she had plans to do a ride-along with the local police department for a school project. Good times.

Second, I made this salmon dip using garlic, green onions, pepper and cream cheese with no salt. It was scrumptious!



Did I mention the salmon was smoked and extremely salty, and the crackers we ate the dip with were not exactly salt free? Oh well, it's the thought that counts right?

No comments: