Thursday, August 26, 2010

National Days


As you can see, it has been quite some time since the last time {and only time} I have posted something. I always think: *if I actually blogged, I would probably blog this* and then, of course, never do. Now, however, my family and I have started something that I think would be fun to continue and blogging about it might help us to do that. So, without further ado, my next/first/in all actuality probably last for a while post:

My husband and I were recently eating at our local Chinese restaurant and while waiting for our food we read one of the "Monthly Tidbits" thingy that all of our local restaurants seem to have. One of the "columns" is a list of the month's "National Days". We thought it would be fun to start celebrating each and every "National Day", in some way, to the best of our ability.

This new adventure of ours officially began on Sunday, August 22. According to http://www.louderbacks.com/home/dict/days.html this day was "Be an Angel Day". So, in honor of this day (not really, but you will see why we think it counts), my husband and I hiked to the top of the Seven Devil's fire lookout. Yes, we realize a hike to a place called Seven Devils in Hells Canyon does not seem like an appropriate celebration of "National Be an Angel Day". However, once we reached the top, we saw this little angel and thought it was just about as perfect a celebration as you could hope for:





And, here is a picture of the view from up there:






They say you can see Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Montana from up there on a clear day.

No comments: